Thursday, January 26, 2006

Landing in SFO

So I took the plane from NY to SFO. Six hours and 2600 miles later I am in SFO, looking forward to collecting my bags and get to the hotel and crash. It has been smooth sailing so far. But then something has to go wrong right? It does. While I have landed in SFO, my baggage has not :( I just knew it was all too good to be true. So I walk into the baggage claims dept of Delta. Turns out that I had to claim my bags in NY and walk them thru customs, and I didn't do that. Daftest thing I ever did. I was fooled because the baggage tags had said SFO, and I thought that the baggage would come straight here.
So here I am typing this out in an airport shuttle heading to the hotel without any change of clothes hoping that the bags will come in the next flight.



Update 26.01.06:
I received my bags today morning at 3 am. Unfortunately US customs decided that the bags were a threat to US national security and broke into both of them. So now I have one suitcase that is totally useless although the other is fixable.
Another thing: remember I mentioned that something is wrong with cabin pressure on Delta flights? There definitely is, the flight to SFO was a 757 operated by song airlines (www.flysong.com) and I did not get any headaches.
Song plays Jazz music on board :), cabin crew is friendly, food is ok (you gotta buy it, but then at least it is there), and there are entertainment panels for every seat. Recommendable.
Also recommended is singapore airlines which I had taken to .au. I saw their planes in NY so they sure do fly to the US.

No comments: