Thursday, January 26, 2006

The longest night and day

A day and night that stretch for over 36 hours. Going from .in to .us is a frustrating experience. I am cooped inside a tinny little 767 wedged tightly in an economy class seat for nearly 22 hours now.
I started from Mumbai this morning at 2 am. to go to San Francisco. I am doing this in three hops. First stop was at Paris; where I landed at Charles de Gaule airport. The airport is massive. There must be nearly 10 - 12 runways. Wherever you look outside the window, you see a plane landing or taking off. Its massive. There are even regular roads and railway passing under the airport. I was supposed to take the same plane to NY, so I just had a brief look at the terminal in and around gate 86. I also got my first experience of 0 deg C weather. Good thing I got along my woolens.

SF update
I just had another three hours added to my day. It is now 1930 hrs and its still 25th of Jan. This day is not over yet. I still have got to get my baggage back.

No comments: